What's new

Rickett's Glen State Park [Waterfalls]

thedeepestsleep

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
163
Reaction score
5
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As someone who has been to this park a number of times in my life (living a couple of hours away) I'd say these photos are even more beautiful than the location itself!
 
Seems a bit oversaturated to me. And some tonemapping? cause they look a bit overprocessed to me.
 
As someone who has been to this park a number of times in my life (living a couple of hours away) I'd say these photos are even more beautiful than the location itself!

Thanks!

Seems a bit oversaturated to me. And some tonemapping? cause they look a bit overprocessed to me.

No, I didn't use any HDR or tonemapping, just single exposures processed in LR3.
 
I think you need some sharpening, at least on the rocks, to bring out the texture. It looks a bit soft now.

Edit: Actually, forget it. I clicked on the photos and the flickr versions look much better.
 
^^^^^^^ This? The colors look wonky.:sexywink:

I've been there twice. The falls are very nice.
 
It's a nice little area where you were but IMO most of them while very good could have been better if they weren't as busy, #3 looks better because there's less 'stuff' going on. :)
 
Nine and a half stops of filter is going to give you Highly saturated color all by itself. You might actually want to de-saturate a little to bring the colors closer to normal.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom