Right down the barrel, 1 for c&c

RobNZ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spent 20 minutes or so a few days ago trying to capture a shot that looks right into the barrel of a wave (small wave about 1 foot high).

Captured from shore. Didnt pull it off as good as I would have liked, but not bad for a first go I thought.

On my Laptop screen it really doesnt look that impressive, however on a 40" LCD TV or on my 100" projector screen this does look quite impressive, focus landed on the bubbles inside the tube.

barrelz.jpg

not bad, i really like the end of the waves. they look really cool like their morphing into something.

Good shot! See what it looks like with the overexposed top left cropped out.

Thanks Ron, had a play with cropping as you suggest but I lose too much of the wave itself which leads to losing the overall impression of what your actually looking at, lol.

This is the first half decent "barrel" shot so far, will keep for future reference on how not to do it, can only improve from here, ideally the shot I am after is a full barrel that you can actually see right through, with a surfer/swimmer right in the middle, my Holy Grail.

Tricky to do landbased, just need to have sea conditions right, natural light spot on, person in the right the spot, a low landbased angle to work from and a lot of luck and practice.

NICE! great capture IMO. Not a fan of the frame, but whatever...

I like this one a lot! good job!

nice! I like it, sure one down the barrel with a surfer or boarder or swimmer would be more interesting.. but the wave lends help with the crazy break..

cheers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back