What's new

Ringzzz

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
12,983
Reaction score
5,003
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
5119579622_38c89aee4c_o.jpg
 
Im having a hard time figuring out whether the metal is silver colored or gold colored.
 
I looked and looked and looked for this set at Calumet Photo, which used to be the main distributor of these, 20 some odd-years ago.

lightright_tabletop_reflectors_home

These small devices are based on what studio small-product pros have been making for decades out of Polaroid film boxes, tape, and putty, as well as card-stock and desk-style free-standing picture frames, spray-painted pop and beer cans, and foil cards and boards of all types of material.

This is the type of light modifier you need to give better shading,shape,and highlighting to metal surfaces, fast.
 
Oh! Thanks for that link. I just bought some cards I can bend and manipulate like them.

This was the first time I shot on black, and on glass.
It's really the first time, I think, that I got the diamonds to really look alive.
I don't mind the dark reflection here, and think it really set off that top ring of stones and the center stone. The customer delayed pick up, so I have time for a reshoot, and I'll see what I can do with more reflectors.
 
Thats a pretty snazzy setting. By your username Im guessing you cast, finish, set?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom