Risen

Steven Dillon

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevendillonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Risen was composed at Hopeland Gardens in Aiken, SC. Being a color junkie, I loved the colors (especially on the crest).

The Artist's Story blog post for this piece can be read here: <LINK DELETED>

Techs:
Canon 5D MKIII
F/22
1 second
ISO-100
180mm + 2X
No Flash
Arca Swiss B1
Gitzo tripod

SD16_1858.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some our flowers at home are just so bright that I have trouble keeping the colors from blowing out, so I really appreciate how nice your shots come out.

Very nice....

Some our flowers at home are just so bright that I have trouble keeping the colors from blowing out, so I really appreciate how nice your shots come out.

Guys,
Thanks for looking and commenting.

Jeff G,
I had that same problem in the past. I am a big fan of ETTR so I'll push things a little, but if you have a channel histogram on your camera you can ensure that you're not blowing any of your channels out before you push the shutter. I use Live View and the channel histograms for every single composition (at least for my initial settings). On a Canon, the reds are REALLY easy to blow. Given that, I'll sometimes push them until they are blown at least a little (and that still seems to work). If you go too far, it is very possible to get unrecoverable areas so just be careful. Using only your exposure meter isn't enough because you might not see any blinkies on the screen while wrecking an individual channel.

Thanks Steven, I'll have to give that a try. :)

Beautiful and colour shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back