What's new

Robot Luftwaffe camera

marmion

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 4, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Shropshire
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I am looking for help in valuing this camera.

The camera is in a used condition (WWII). The camera does not appear to be stamped as Luftwaffe but the serial number is F 57608-6 which indicates use by the Luftwaffe.

The Robot has one cassette. The clockwork mechanism and the lens shutter are working.

It looks to me from pictures of other Robot cameras that the top knob is missing, this does not stop the mechanism from winding up.

The back of the camera has not got a badge but has Robot engraved on it.

The bottom plate is brass which has been painted black.

The lens are labelled 'Schneider-Kreuznach Robot Tele-Xenar f:5.5 F-5cm'

marmionwilson@hotmail.com
 
One of the longtime TPF posters has one of these I recall. Maybe they will see this post. **bump*** (or try Collectors Corner)
 
Might want to try a special collectors forum,.
 
There was a Luftwaffe Robot camera post on here not more than six weeks ago...I thought it was Mitica100 who had finally located and purchased one...
 
Hi, I am looking for help in valuing this camera.

The camera is in a used condition (WWII). The camera does not appear to be stamped as Luftwaffe but the serial number is F 57608-6 which indicates use by the Luftwaffe.

The Robot has one cassette. The clockwork mechanism and the lens shutter are working.

It looks to me from pictures of other Robot cameras that the top knob is missing, this does not stop the mechanism from winding up.

The back of the camera has not got a badge but has Robot engraved on it.

The bottom plate is brass which has been painted black.

The lens are labelled 'Schneider-Kreuznach Robot Tele-Xenar f:5.5 F-5cm'

marmionwilson@hotmail.com

Some pictures would definitely help. There were many modifications done to the Robots during WWII, for various uses. The most common Robot II of that era (Luftwaffen-Eigentum or Property of the German Airforce) has a tall winding knob. The camera was mounted on German fighters cockpits and the reason for the tall knob was so that pilots could wind it with their gloves on. That being said, some of the Robot cameras were actually used by the RAF in the UK and by Swedish (or Danish, I can't recall) airforces.

Post some pictures and we'll take it from there. Meanwhile, click on my Collectibles signature (link) below to see my Robot LE.
 
Thank you for your replies. I am trying to post some pictures.

I have read FAQs etc. but i only get an option to post an URL not an option to browse my computer so I don't know how to upload some pictures.
 
Last edited:
I think you need to post a few more comments to get the option.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom