Laika

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C & C please...

12.jpg

11.jpg

Both are to dark for my taste. Can hardly make out any details in the first one.

1+ on the first being too dark, I'm not really sure what I'm looking at, looks kinda "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". The second one I love, (something with that much red and black always grabs my attention.) I personally would've went with a squarer crop but that's just me.

I really do concur for the the first image but the second picture is very good in my opinion, due to the stark contrast it does not make the red more vibrant but emphasizes the layer and color due to the great contrast.

I do agree that the first one is not something everyone likes. Most of the feedback I have gotten before is either love or hate.

the first image is pretty unique but its kinda hard to tell what exactly your looking at. The second one is AMAZING in my opinion, i just love its simplicity and the contrast between red and blacks. awesome job :thumbup:.

could i ask how the 2nd picture was created with such an affect? i would like to try something similar, and hopefully get something half as good as that.

the first image is pretty unique but its kinda hard to tell what exactly your looking at. The second one is AMAZING in my opinion, i just love its simplicity and the contrast between red and blacks. awesome job :thumbup:.

could i ask how the 2nd picture was created with such an affect? i would like to try something similar, and hopefully get something half as good as that.

I will try...I am not real good at explaining things.

The first thing I did was duplicate the layer of the image, I then darkened the image using brightness/contrast.

After that I erased the top layer, so that the rose was more visible.

Finally I went back into brightness/contrast so that the image blended together better.

Perhaps someone else would be more helpful, As most of what I do is just playing around and figuring things out as I go along.

Most reactions

Back