What's new

Rubik's Cube...

BuS_RiDeR

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 29, 2009
Messages
2,355
Reaction score
83
Location
Riverview, New Brunswick, Canada.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C appreciated.

I know it's not perfectly centered in the frame. My eyes were playing tricks on me when I cropped it... Bur otherwise???

Rubik%2527s%2520Cube.jpg
 
What focal length? I think it would have been cool if all three sides appeared similar in size, closer to approximating an isometric projection?
 
What focal length? I think it would have been cool if all three sides appeared similar in size, closer to approximating an isometric projection?

I was using my Canon EF-s 17-85 @ 85mm for this I think... F16 with my camera shutter speed at 1/250th... also, I was using 2 x 400ws monolights... Unfortunately my PP skills are limited when it comes to altering perspectives... What lens should I have use? A longer focal length???
 
Last edited:
I recently heard a story on NPR about password protection. There were many thoughts on the subject, but one struck out in my mind. One of the callers said he numbered each square on a Rubik's Cube for his password. At his set interval for password change, he would simply twist the cube for his next password. Ingenious methinks.



The shot is okay, but the cropping is dubious.
 
If you wanted a more isometric perspective, where each of the angles were at 30°, then as long a lens as possible would be used.

I like how the black on the cube bleeds into the background, I wish the specular was removed to emphasize this illusion. I like thinking how a series of colored squares imply the toy and a cubic form.
 
hey here's a great opportunity to grow as a photographer, this is the bible of photographic illusionism, you should take a look at these amazing techniques ... it's foolish not to distinguish great opportunities, but wise to be seized ...

FFS, you have been reported.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If you wanted a more isometric perspective, where each of the angles were at 30°, then as long a lens as possible would be used.

I like how the black on the cube bleeds into the background, I wish the specular was removed to emphasize this illusion. I like thinking how a series of colored squares imply the toy and a cubic form.

Cool thanks...
 
^^ because it's bottom heavy and people think that's a bad thing for no particular reason around here. They think that it's better for subjects to suffocate in their own space.
 
So you posted a solved cube...now post a cube in a state of confusion ;)
 
The only time I saw my cube like that was when it was brand new!

I think this would be fine centered in a square crop.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom