Rule of Thirds using Predator...

ks0385

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wrote an entry in my blog on the rules of thirds using the movie Predator as an example. Here's the image of the blog without all the pictures. To see them all, click on the link at the bottom of this post. Hope you guys enjoy it.

007blogimage.jpg

The Emergency Exit: A look at the Rule of Thirds..... Predator Style!

Congratulations on spotting the RoT's used in moving pictures.

If I'm not mistaken the rule of thirds is used a lot in movie production (at least from Hollywood)

Did you know that painters used the rule of thirds too? Without a camera! WOW!

Thanks for your reply's guys. I know it's been around for hundreds of years but I'm very new to this art stuff so it was a bit more significant to me.

Don't mind us. I know you probably worked hard on that blog post, but you have to look at it from another perspective. RoT is probably the most commonly referred to 'rule' there is in photography. It's one of the first things anyone learns who has ambition to shoot more than snapshots. There really isn't anything magical or special about the RoT. It's simply a guideline that uses the human brain's natural tendancy to want to pick out things that aren't quite right, or even, or standing out, to make your photos more intriguing.

Most photographers are sick of hearing about it. A lot, (like myself) hate the fact that it's called a rule (because it really isn't). And, it's probably one of the most trite things that can talked about when it comes to photography.

Don't sweat it. We're just cynics. :)

Don't mind us. I know you probably worked hard on that blog post, but you have to look at it from another perspective. RoT is probably the most commonly referred to 'rule' there is in photography. It's one of the first things anyone learns who has ambition to shoot more than snapshots. There really isn't anything magical or special about the RoT. It's simply a guideline that uses the human brain's natural tendancy to want to pick out things that aren't quite right, or even, or standing out, to make your photos more intriguing.

Most photographers are sick of hearing about it. A lot, (like myself) hate the fact that it's called a rule (because it really isn't). And, it's probably one of the most trite things that can talked about when it comes to photography.

Don't sweat it. We're just cynics. :)

I completely understand and thank you for the response. Not crying into my coffee. I feel the same way about "newbies" that talk about things I am familiar with and well versed in. Hopefully photography will become one of those as well.

Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back