Running out of HDD space, what are my options?

Could some explain to me if you could get a 24mp camera in 5 years what can you do with it that you cannot with today's 8, 10, 12mps?
Will sensor size also increase? Will all SLRs be full frame?
Likewise, if HDD will be 10TB, will you stuff them up with 50mb RAW shots instead of 2mb jpegs?

Yes Yes and Yes

~Michael~

Could some explain to me if you could get a 24mp camera in 5 years what can you do with it that you cannot with today's 8, 10, 12mps?
Likewise, if HDD will be 10TB, will you stuff them up with 50mb RAW shots instead of 2mb jpegs?

Well for one greater resolutions for printing. Yes I will stuff a 10 Tb with the largest file. Fact is I will most likely have 2- 10Tb drives and one external that size, that would have nothing but photos on it. Right now my backup external is 500gigs for photos only and, my System backup, both of which are stored in a fireproof safe. Then there is my online storage as well.
In 35 format maybe. In Medium and Large yes and, that 96MP may not be that far off in the future. Fact is it will most likely be greater.
No not all SLRs will be Full Frame. While the costs of producing the wafers may drop, using the smaller sensor size will still give the companies the most profit per unit so cropped units will remain. Also they are the favorite of most wild life shooters. Cropped sensors will get better High ISOs if anything.

Well for one, when my fashion clients ask can we crop in on that and still put it in the book or bilboard, I can say yes.

I don't think all will be, but there will be many more on the market, but crop frames will be in the consumer market for a while yet.

Yes, it gives me the ability to pull the most detail out and are better for manipulation than JPG. As well I would have 4 or 5 10TB Drives as I have 5X1TB drives now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back