Rustic Rest

I thought cows were sacred in India and just sort of roamed free

I Like #1, but #2 is one (if not THE) best shot I saw from you. Congratulations.
Very good indeed.

You loved your colours even back then, eh? ;)
Very colourful, that first one here, the one that started the thread.
I like it, in that one the colours do underline what to me is the "exotic" aspect of south India (or my concept of it, as I've never been there myself). As does the ox - our cows (and their "husbands" --- heehee, an ox has little chances left to act as "husband" ;)) look so very different.

Pictures ! & 2 are certainly very colorful and contrasty, yet you carried off both extremely well. Personally, I prefer picture 2 as a super composition. Simple, controlled elements, yet so effective. Picture #3 has some real exposure issues. Those Oxen look under exposed even next to the shade area. BTW, those Oxen look like they're been starved to death, as you can clearly see their ribs.

You loved your colours even back then, eh? ;)
Very colourful, that first one here, the one that started the thread.
I like it, in that one the colours do underline what to me is the "exotic" aspect of south India (or my concept of it, as I've never been there myself). As does the ox - our cows (and their "husbands" --- heehee, an ox has little chances left to act as "husband" ;)) look so very different.

Thank you Lafoto :D

..and damn with those artificial insemination know-how of mankind :grumpy:
;)

regards :D

Pictures ! & 2 are certainly very colorful and contrasty, yet you carried off both extremely well. Personally, I prefer picture 2 as a super composition. Simple, controlled elements, yet so effective. Picture #3 has some real exposure issues. Those Oxen look under exposed even next to the shade area. BTW, those Oxen look like they're been starved to death, as you can clearly see their ribs.

Thank you Joel... :D

In the last image, i wanted to retain that darkness to create the early morn vib. , where sun has yet to do His job of sweeping away the darkness from here and there... but true it can give a bad look sometimes :D

True, it is really painful to see the pathetic conditions in which these animals are treated :(

This was my 5001th posting

Last edited:
Frequency. Congrats on your 5,000 post. It will take me years to get anywhere near that number.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back