Ryan

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
455-cbw5743.jpg

When the hell did you turn into Ansel Adams!

I kid you, but you have progressed a lot in terms of composition, although you could make use of the shadows. The bold shade of the tree penetrating onto the rocks in the background is really powerful, and the contrast too.

Thanks!

This is one of the stranger places I've visited recently. I had planned to go out there near sunset, which happened- but talking to a friend I found out that the area was once off limits. That the adobe walls of this ranch were contaminated with radioactivity from the uranium ore they were built with.

-That really set a mood.

She told me that the place had been fenced and even though the walls had been painted with a special paint the park service didn't like to promote the site (one of the things I do is promote desert parks). I explained it was for historical purposes but didn't plan to touch or taste the place.

It was only a quarter mile from the campground but I didn't feel like walking around or coming back with blue lips or hair falling out, so I took my 70-300.

The barbed-wire fence had long been torn down- apparently the paint job did the trick. The tree and shadow were so striking. I like the way the lens flattened out the depth.

I'm going back next week and try some different stuff I have in mind.

I feel the photo is too edited, the colors are too contrast. the shades arnt soft enough and the colors are very strong. more then they should.
Also i think that the thin white light around the tree is also a bit too much of edit for more.
On the other hand i like the texture of the rocks and the dramatic shade on the tree.

Thanks for your thoughts and comments, it gives me a few things to consider when I return to the spot.

Very nice.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

I'm getting ready to go back and do it right-er.

Most reactions

Back