TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hebercollphotography.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C on conversion please?

4603181332_6802455e05_o.jpg

Is his/her muzzle white? Even if it is, I think it's a bit blown, my eye keeps going right back to it. What's also blown is the white thing he's laying on, but only the right side of it. All the details are gone, see? I don't have any major problems with the composition, but I'm not really feeling it either. But I'm thankful that you weren't lazy about it and did get down to its level.
I think it'd be good if you posted the original in the same post to compare side by side. :thumbup:

Is his/her muzzle white? Even if it is, I think it's a bit blown, my eye keeps going right back to it. What's also blown is the white thing he's laying on, but only the right side of it. All the details are gone, see? I don't have any major problems with the composition, but I'm not really feeling it either. But I'm thankful that you weren't lazy about it and did get down to its level.
I think it'd be good if you posted the original in the same post to compare side by side. :thumbup:

Hmm yes the floor and muzzle are blown out.

Ok here's the original unedited:

4602669121_cedd956f00_o.jpg

And my second attempt at the conversion. How's I do this time?

4602669123_05d22dc378_o.jpg

I gotta learn to dodge/burn...

I think the nose is a little too dark, and the eyes too. I can hardly see the separation of the pupil and the iris. The thing he/she is resting on, is much better in the second conversion. I'd dodge the iris a bit to bring it out a little, because you can see in the color photo it's brown, not black.

I think the nose is a little too dark, and the eyes too. I can hardly see the separation of the pupil and the iris. The thing he/she is resting on, is much better in the second conversion. I'd dodge the iris a bit to bring it out a little, because you can see in the color photo it's brown, not black.

Yeah I just looked at the iris and you're right. That happened when I darkened it a little to bring out the detail in the highlights. Hmm, looks like I gotta learn how to use dodge/burn for such cases.

Gracias por la ayuda :)

De nadaaa.
Y me gusta tu display de Penguins of Madagascar :lmao:
no me preguntes como lo se! -_-

Most reactions

Back