What's new

sample action photos by T1i vs nikon d5000

Jdrake_RN

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 23, 2010
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Idaho
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Have been looking at getting a dslr, it will be my first. I will be taking photos of my kids as they grow up and are involved in sports and just everyday shooting of my two year old as of now. I also will be taking photos of faster images like motorcycle races and such. These are things that are hobbies in our lives.
I'm looking at the canon eos T1i and the nikon D5000.
I would love to see if anyone has action photos taken with these cameras!
 
Have been looking at getting a dslr, it will be my first. I will be taking photos of my kids as they grow up and are involved in sports and just everyday shooting of my two year old as of now. I also will be taking photos of faster images like motorcycle races and such. These are things that are hobbies in our lives.
I'm looking at the canon eos T1i and the nikon D5000.
I would love to see if anyone has action photos taken with these cameras!

I think you need to be a bit more specific as to what qualities you are looking for. Low light? Freezing motion? Frankly, I think both cameras are comparable. I have the D5000, and have no problem freezing fast motion, or getting nice pictures of people. Look at some of Aayria's work she's posted. She does amazing portraits with the D5000 and natural light. I've also seem some spectacular photos taken with the T1i. I think your lens choice would be more influential on how you utilize what ever camera body you get.

Either of those bodies, and a couple kit lenses to start would probably suit you just fine. I know I have yet to explore all the D5000 has to offer. I run into some of it's limitations at times, but not often, yet anyway. I suspect it will be another year or two before I out grow it.

Here's a couple "action" shots I got:
Oshkosh_073110_089-2.jpg

Oshkosh_073110_082-2.jpg

Oshkosh_073110_254.jpg

Oshkosh_073110_310.jpg


And a people one or two:
5.jpg

10.jpg

6.jpg


Or products:
gunandbadge5.jpg


I'd suggest trying to rent each of them for a week and see which feels better in your hands. Anyway, that's just my opinion, which is often worth little more that $0.01.
 
it's the 'archer' not the 'bow and arrow' ... (I love that saying)

AF speed is AF speed, and NO CURRENT CAMERA is a slouch at it. Auto focus can, and will, be fooled at some point (more often than you think) in your shooting career no matter if it's a Nikon, Canon, or Joe's camera manufacturer. Understanding the technical aspects of how auto focus works (AND 2 other ways images can appear "OOF" and not actually be the fault of the AF system) is far more important in my book for someone just beginning.

I just have to say this, the sports photographers who worked prior to AF technology captured amazing images, and their auto focus motor was in their wrist ...

@Crimbfighter - is that a Harrier Jump Jet? Sweet shot.

just MY $0.02
 
thanks for the awesome examples!! just wanted to know it was possible!! sometimes no matter how good the archer... the veins on the arrow are messed up!! :)
 
Last edited:
solon6.jpg

D5000 320/2.8 iso 3200
 
strongsville12.jpg

T2i 400/3.2 iso 6400
 
Thanks everyone, i decided to go with the nikon d5000 and I have had it two nights and dont ever want to put it down!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom