What's new

San Jose Water Company

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 17, 2012
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
358
Location
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C Welcome!!!

1 $_MG_2565.webp

2 $_MG_2568.webp

3 $_MG_2573.webp

4 $_MG_2579.webp

5 $_MG_2580.webp

6 $_MG_2587.webp
 
1&6 but neither of great interest...
 
If this were me...I would go back on a day where you had a better sky.

To me, it doesn't look appealing because our eyes would really never see a WHITE sky like that.

I am assuming it was a cloudy day, but I don't see clouds, I just see WHITE.

With a nice blue sky, I think everything would pop better, the palm trees, building, ect.
 
Was there a particular purpose for the first 5? I don't mean "I think they are worthless." I'm wondering if you were trying to document the building, rather than make an artistic image. I can't know if it works unless I know what it is supposed to do.
 
Was there a particular purpose for the first 5? I don't mean "I think they are worthless." I'm wondering if you were trying to document the building, rather than make an artistic image. I can't know if it works unless I know what it is supposed to do.

This architecture has a little classical design. I'm trying to get better at photographing buildings, so someday I can be a real estate photographer.
 
I said the same thing with one of your other similar posts - you are too far away.
By trying to include everything, you are making ti very difficult for the viewer to appreciate the details you are trying to share.

And as someone else said earlier - blown out skies and flat lighting do not help.

I also prefer to shoot architecture with something wider than 24mm on a crop sensor.
That will allow you to get closer and create drama with the perspective.

My 2 cents.
 
What double posts? I can not get very close to the building. If I get too close, it is just close up and crop image, unless I stand in the middle of the street.
 
Last edited:
I double posted my reply so I deleted one. ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom