What's new

Sand Harbor Rocks and Sunset. NO HDR!!!! C&C por favor!

Brinr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
320
Reaction score
63
Location
Reno
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have an art show for a local bar with a small gallery space and they wanted this type of work, I literally shot Friday night, edited all mornin Saturday, printed and framed that afternoon, and I am hanging them this (Sunday) afternoon! Will post pics of installation ASAP. Let me know what you guys think!


7_09_11 Third St Pano 4 small by Brinr, on Flickr


7_09_11Third St Bar Tahoe pics019 by Brinr, on Flickr


7_09_11Third St Bar Tahoe pics012 by Brinr, on Flickr


7_09_11Third St Bar Tahoe pics crop 018 by Brinr, on Flickr


7_09_11 Third St Pano 5 by Brinr, on Flickr


7_09_11 Third St by Brinr, on Flickr


7_09_11 Third st tahoe pics Panorama1 by Brinr, on Flickr
 
Sorry, but I think you have no understanding of what art is. One does not shoot what the gallery wants, one shoots what one wants.
 
Well, I think those images are well done! Yes, these are mainstream objectives, but that doesn't matter that the photographer has done a bad job. Brinr, you got my vote!
 
Not sure I like the angle of #2, and did you use a CPL for these because they seem to have quite a bit of reflection I would have thought a CPL would help with. Overall nice work though.

Allan
 
nice contemporary modern pictures, could easily see them hanging in a bar/cafe/restaurant
 
No CPL, oh well. Cloudewalker, I have a bachelors in the arts... I don't know if that legitimizes my "understanding" of what art is, however I feel that I have at least four years of hard study of understanding, and the degree to prove it. Art is indeed an expression of emotion, feeling, ideas, opinions. I am also indeed a true capitalist (and starving new grad with an art degree). I shoot what sells. This is what I was commissioned for, this is what people will pay to have on their wall. Besides who wouldn't want to make these kinds of images? Do you feel that I am undermining art with these images? Is landscape photography not art?
 
No CPL, oh well. Cloudewalker, I have a bachelors in the arts... I don't know if that legitimizes my "understanding" of what art is, however I feel that I have at least four years of hard study of understanding, and the degree to prove it. Art is indeed an expression of emotion, feeling, ideas, opinions. I am also indeed a true capitalist (and starving new grad with an art degree). I shoot what sells. This is what I was commissioned for, this is what people will pay to have on their wall. Besides who wouldn't want to make these kinds of images? Do you feel that I am undermining art with these images? Is landscape photography not art?

Well said...
 
Hey, if it inspired you to take the shot, it is art.
-
Believe some would look better in B&W but all depends on decor.
-
Shoot well and thanks for sharing, Joe
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom