SB600 Flash Compatibility

I dont think Nikon and Canon make anything interchangeable... I believe they go out of their way so that things ARN'T interchangeable. Why dont you just get the Canon 430EX anyway? Its only about $50 more but has a much higher guide number.

I dont think Nikon and Canon make anything interchangeable... I believe they go out of their way so that things ARN'T interchangeable. Why dont you just get the Canon 430EX anyway? Its only about $50 more but has a much higher guide number.

because i already own the sb600, and I'm borrowing a friends 7D to do a shoot this weekend. I typically shoot Nikon, but my 24-70 2.8 lens has been damaged, so I'm going to use her Canon for the shoot.

Could you use it as an optical slave? Not likely on the hotshoe, but doesn't optical mean optical? I really don't know, just thinking out loud.

You can use it on the 7D in manual mode only.

Both the 7D and the SB-600 would need to be in manual mode, so no TTL.

The SB-600 doesn't have an off camera optical trigger option, which for Nikon speedlights (SB-700, SB-800, SB-900) is called SU-4 mode.

You can use it on the 7D in manual mode only.

Both the 7D and the SB-600 would need to be in manual mode, so no TTL.

The SB-600 doesn't have an off camera optical trigger option, which for Nikon speedlights (SB-700, SB-800, SB-900) is called SU-4 mode.

So as long as I shoot in manual mode on both the camera and the flash, It will function properly?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back