Schrecksee! Wildlife and Landscape photography in heaven

LK_Nature_Photography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I mentioned once in some of my posts that I´m going to this place, and voila! There I was! 2 times!
First time when I was packing my stuff into the car, I lost my Canon 70D with the Canon 18-55mm IS STM, and 5K Gorillapod, Rode VideoMicro, 64GB SD card. It was my vlogging setup. It was a very stupid move, I put the camera on the top of my car, I needed the other hand too... We went to a gas station to by coffee and when I realized what did I done, I went back in 15 min and it was gone. Somebody picked it up and left the broken lens hood on the floor. I forgot it on the roof and I didn´t see it because it was 5:30 am and it was dark outside. It was a very hard day for me, I lost a big chunk of my photo gear, but I went to Schrecksee anyway. I made a vlog that day, you could see me in the video how sad I was... So, we climbed on the Allgäu Alps to the height of 1830 meters, it is a very hard track, but it is beautiful all the way up. At the end when I saw Chamois and Alpine marmots, instantly I forgot all my problems.

The second time I went back because I couldn´t make a landscape shot without a wide angle lens, so I bought a new camera the Canon M50 with the 15-45mm IS STM. I climbed again and made a nice panoramic photo. I couldn´t wait until the sun goes down, I needed a softer light, little bit reddish lights, better clouds... We couldn´t wait because the way downwards lasts 3,5 hour, and almost all the way is like big slippery rocks and it´s muddy. Both times I saw Chamois and Alpine marmots. Chamois were posing like pros, but the marmots were very shy.

Schrecksee by Kiss Leon, on Flickr

Schrecksee by Kiss Leon, on Flickr

Chamois by Kiss Leon, on Flickr

Cottongrass by Kiss Leon, on Flickr

Fireweed - Chamaenerion angustifolium by Kiss Leon, on Flickr

Alpine marmots by Kiss Leon, on Flickr

Sorry about your camera loss. I would be devastated. You got some beautiful shots. I like the next to last Chamois peeking over the ridge, the floral shots and the first of this series. I am happy you made the trek and shared these with us.

One advantage of having a 4 wheel drive pickup, not setting things on a roof. Man, that was unfortunate. I lost a lot of fresh coffee back in the car days. Nice scenery shots. I looked how you captured the details in the environment as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back