SCUBA Photography

matchframe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My son and I SCUBA Dive, and I just use a disposable underwater camera. We will be diving on Saturday 21 August in water that has only about 20 feet visibilty @ about 30 feet deep.

Anyone do underwtaer photography have any suggestions about getting good shots in low vis diving?

Thanks!

ACK - I wish I had seen this before you took off!

My wife and I bought a CanonA80 digital point and shoot for our honeymoon to Cozumel. It's about $500 and has lots of nice features, manual control, and a fairly robust lense. We found out too late that there IS an underwater frame for the A80.

If cash is no object, I'd suggest that to ANYBODY.

If I had had that S.O.B. in my hands on that trip...

Thanks for the replies!!

I saved the article for reading later, I appreciate the link.

The Canon A80 sounds like a really nice camera, and has an underwater frame, that sounds cool!

M son and I had fun last Saturday, but the visibility was worse than I thought it would be; only about 8 - 10 feet, so there was not much to look at. I used a disposable undewater camera, but I don't think a better camera would have had much more luck.

It seems our visibility was 10 or so feet, and we went through tons of those underwater flash cameras. I just wish they weren't wide-angle. But I made the best of it and we got a few nice shots.

It made me want to go out and spent a few grand on underwater equipment for our next trip so I could bring back some real photographs, but I was impressed with the disposables.

Most reactions

Back