SE Asia - Impressions - Phnom Penh, Cambodia

No, my images reflect my local mood. Fun in Bangkok, food and business in Saigon, depression and darkness in Phnom Penh.

Nothing worse than a hobby photographer who suddenly thinks he's On Assignment because he's got a camera and some poor people in front of him... Nonetheless, it's hard to ignore what you're seeing, and there's something to be said for documenting it photographically. I've been using the images of the kids to get my kids to finish dinner, stop asking for new toys, and basically threaten Orphanage to them every time they don't behave...

:playball:

My brothers and I grew up in a midle class neighborhood in Los angeles. When we would act spoiled my mom would load us up in the car and take us for a ride in down town LA and show us how others lived.

When we got home we were happy to have a bike and did not care that it was not a cool new diamond back.

J

You have done well with you 10 day pass. I have seen a couple times people go on "missions" and take photos. It sort of frys me when people go on religious missions. Im glad to see you were on vacation.

I really don't want to get in a "Religious" discussion, but my Church goes down to South America sometimes (I haven't been) to help Parishes rebuild Churches and help the local town with repairs and such. Is this the kind of trip that would bother you? Or is it just Evangelical Conversion type trips?

I really don't want to get in a "Religious" discussion, but my Church goes down to South America sometimes (I haven't been) to help Parishes rebuild Churches and help the local town with repairs and such. Is this the kind of trip that would bother you? Or is it just Evangelical Conversion type trips?

COnversion Trips are the ones that make me nuts. If your church goes to help someone of a similar belief/faith that fantastic. Or if you church goes to help people that have different beliefs and you do not utter one word about your beiefs that is also an amazing thing to do. But when people try and push there religion on to others with accompanying aid/help thats nasty.

Most reactions

Back