Seagulls, Sky and Clouds (my first bird "session")

cumi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A guy was preparing some fish on the sea-side for dinner and as usual locked a lot of hungry and angry-looking seagulls. Luckyly, I had my camera by my self, with my new Nikkor 85mm 1.8D on it :mrgreen: ;).

Photos taken last week in Craotia, on island of Pag.

Croped 2250px X 1500px from the original 3000x2000 photos.

Here we go, my first bird-session. With the seagulls:

1 - flying high

DSC_3736.jpg

2 - coming closer

DSC_3754.jpg

3 - I'm here!

DSC_3732.jpg

4 - I'm getting reinforcement

DSC_3756.jpg

5 - reinforcement arrived

DSC_3749.jpg

6 - Now I'll get you!

DSC_3763.jpg

7 - Juist kidding. I'll rest a bit

DSC_3766.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. Thanks for looking.

Great shots! These are really your first? wow, very nicely composed and very nice detail, no noise at all!

Loved the captions. Good shots, all fit quite nicely.
Id say a job well done.

Thanks for your positive feedbacks!

@photo28: Not my first photos :wink:, but my first "bird-session", althought I planed to do this for longer time. By the compositions, I just had luck and did a bit crop-ing (as mentioned above). I had to "hunt" those birds, and had no time for composition. No noise, I shoot at minimum ISO (200 for D70s) and didn't cropped deep..

@KabeXTi: The sky was perfectly blue indeed, as usual on Adriatic sea-side. And I get such a nice colors with my new 85mm 1.8. I'm stil not sure, if it's really because of the superior lens, but the photos look somehow much better.

Getting that close to the ground really worked well in that last shot. Great choice of aperture too, softening the blues in the background together nicely.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back