Second attempt at flowers

pwynnmackenzie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there, this is my second attempt at taking pictures that i took today in the lovely warmth in Dorset, just wondering what you lot thought of it :)

5598107928_ed0b149b88_b.jpg

C+C welcome, thanks

I like the composition but I think that the orange leaves in the background are competing with the flower, maybe desaturate them a bit.

I think you really capture a great photo. I must say that I don't agree entirely with the composition but the shot is good.

Nice shot, but I agree with MissCream...orange seems to be taking over the shot.

Nice image, but I would tend to agree with the others who have suggested that the background competes with the main component of the image - the flower. If you ever go back to try this again - don't know the logistics of making another trip - you might want to try one where the flower is in the centre (I know - violates rule of thirds...) with minimal background...maybe you could crop this one for that effect.

Cheers

WesternGuy

Thanks a lot for everyones input, very useful and its much appreciated

Nice image, but I would tend to agree with the others who have suggested that the background competes with the main component of the image - the flower. If you ever go back to try this again - don't know the logistics of making another trip - you might want to try one where the flower is in the centre (I know - violates rule of thirds...) with minimal background...maybe you could crop this one for that effect.

Cheers

WesternGuy

Thanks for your comment, now first of the logistics are not a problem here as its in the garden at home :p. Anyway i can see how background is in direct competition with flower, originally i think i may have been trying to frame the flower or something along those lines but next time i will try placing it more in the centre or at least pick a background which stands out less. Also may try taking some pictures with some water droplets on the flowers as lots are flowering right now.

Lovely photo! I love the composition.
I second what everyone else has said. When I first viewed the shot the background grabbed my attention before the flower. The colour of the flower is fantastic though :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back