What's new

Sector 7

I like many of the elements of this photo, but I think the composition is a bit off.
It feels to me like there are important things cut off at the top while the bottom is filled with too much empty space.

There may be good reasons for you to have framed the shot this way, but I'm left with a feeling that you aimed too low.
The leading lines on both sides accentuate this.
 
15322398110_f56e0f5c37_b - Version 2.webp
 
That edit was my initial intention. But i somehow like the lights and the train in the background when i viewed it in post. So that's why the upper part is not in frame.
 
I would have gone vertical and monochrome:

p816635269-5.jpg


I really like how that light is framed in the rectangular structure. There are leading lines drawing the eye to it. I punched up the contrast to accentuate the shadows and bricks in the foreground. I also used some dodging and burning is places.
 
I like that framing since it is a nice compromise. But the edit makes the subject too obvious, i will leave a little imagination for the viewer. I'll try that vertical approach, it does look better that way. Also this being an hdr, the colour is very subdued. I didn't go the b&w route, because i wanted that depressing, futuristic cold and sterile factory site.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom