What's new

security

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
5,699
Reaction score
1,472
Location
Philadelphia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$sign 040513.webp
 
Very very nice, I like the texture, colours and the light on this one.

Huh, it must have been quiet around here lately, I'm suprised there's no comments yet.
 
I see why your eye was drawn to it, but I don't see how the composition makes it work. It's frankly sort of confusing... I keep trying to figure out what the bar is, and the paths of light are weird, and I can't quite read the sticker.

I'm not sure if you COULD have made something out of it, but I think overall this one didn't quite work. :(
 
Thanks for commenting guys!

Chris - you may be overthinking it - it's sort of "semi-abstract" so the shapes, textures, etc. are, at least to me, more important than exactly what the sign says or what the bar actually is. Having said that, since the composition doesn't work for you, I guess the rest is sort of academic.
 
Me? Overthink things? Lies.

:lol:
 
Definitely overthinking it.

I put a bit more thought (haha) into why I like it, and here's what I came up with: I like how the white paint works as a leading line up and to the sign, and I like how the colour of the sign is balanced by the rust bits on the wall. Having the bar in the middle adds tension, and the direction of the light points to the sign.
 
You're overthinking it. It's a squished "X" with a couple of dark bars and a reddish diamond. Natch. The "security" thing is a red herring, but only because it is red. If it was silver, I'd call it a diversionary anchovy. Right, Ken?
 
I'm overthinking the overthinking of it.
 
You're overthinking it. It's a squished "X" with a couple of dark bars and a reddish diamond. Natch. The "security" thing is a red herring, but only because it is red. If it was silver, I'd call it a diversionary anchovy. Right, Ken?

You made my day. "Diversionary anchovy" is the best thing I've heard all week. I may have to get an anchovy pizza for lunch.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom