What's new

Seeing Double!

RobN185

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
617
Reaction score
293
Location
France
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a pretty boring shot that I saw had potential...
(my arm is in shot to stop the glare from the sun)

1. Original
5525716266_cfd52657fd_z.jpg


2. Final Version (copied, flipped and tone-mapped)
5425364952_55c24b481e_z.jpg


Don't discard your old images, there may be some little gems in there!
 
Last edited:
very creative, i like it

Could do without the halo at the edge of the trees reflection and would remove the dust spot bottom left (and right cause of the flip) of photo
 
WOW; only if your palm was not there; Even if you had spend a few hours there so that you could avoid the glare, the image would have compensated; these is too much compromised :grumpy:
By the way, i took your palm to be a pillar of the bridge, from under which you were shooting ;)

Regards :D
 
Thanks "new photographer"

Thanks "Pushing Tin", I'm so embarrassed about the dust spot(s) - how did I miss that!!!!
I agree about the halo, I have it again on the next shot, taken same place, same day. I need to improve my processing...

5425362504_9b53eb88e6_z.jpg
 
Avoid tonemapping if you want realistic images from your pp. Brightness/Contrast layer adjustments with masks for different regions should be able to get you so pretty good results without requiring excessive time or effort.
 
Was the symmetrical version there, when i commented first? i did not see that then. But i think the original scene there must be more beautiful. Symmetrical one has some points of attraction though
 
Yeah, sorry Frequency.
I screwed up the Flickr link for the symmetrical version - all fixed now.
Thanks for the comments.
 
Do you mind me asking what you use to make it look so surreal?
 
Hi "new photographer", thanks for your interest.
It started life as a RAW file, put into "Photomatix" ("Photomatix" can take a single RAW as input file), then tonemapped - brought up the shadow detail and colour saturation, then adjusted to suit!
Once I was happy with the look, I finally cropped, copied and mirrored.

Hope this helps...
 
Hi "new photographer", thanks for your interest.
It started life as a RAW file, put into "Photomatix" ("Photomatix" can take a single RAW as input file), then tonemapped - brought up the shadow detail and colour saturation, then adjusted to suit!
Once I was happy with the look, I finally cropped, copied and mirrored.

Hope this helps...

wow, thankyou so much! I will have to try it sometime!!
 
Almost like photography recycling, using something that you would otherwise delete to create something creative.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom