Selective COLOR...not for everyone..but you can still look....

oldnavy170

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Other then her missing chin (this was not cropped) what do you think?

Sorry, I know this one won't be for everyone.... :wink:

EmilyPortraitBlackWhite.jpg

Wow, I really like this one for some reason! But I cant put my finger on exactly why...maybe just because of the stark contrast. The eyes are beautiful, and the image is very crisp and sharp. It has a certain coldness to it, but yet, very effective. Right, the chin cutoff is noticeable and her hair seems to fly into her eyes a little too much, but other than that, the detail is great. Her face is well lit also. Very nice closeup! :thumbup:

I like it... but I'm huge into selective colour when used correctly... the problem here is it looks a little too over done, why don't you see what it would look like if the blue was a little less noticeable... sometimes less is more... tone it back till it looks like a nice ice colour.

as a b&w i would love it .... you have a cute model there anyway

That looks just like someone I know. Her name is Julia. Now if you tell me that's this girl's name I'll freak out. I like this photo. My girlfriend used to do this with pictures of herself, I've always loved colored eyes on a B&W photo.

I really appreciate your comments. I was surprised by this one because it was about 7pm at night and the sun was going down which took my light source away.

DSLR.....Heheheh....I was going to freak you out and say Julia but I couldn't do that! :) Her name is Emily.

A bad pic but behold........... Julia.
l_d5c5ef1f681dff7ae8052fded8b04407.jpg

Isn't that freaky close?
I think it's the lips and the nose.

Most reactions

Back