Self portrait-critique welcome

Dean Baron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tried some nude self portrait for the first time. Although I try to avoid editing my photos, this one was inevitable but I like the way it came out. These were taken at night (~10:30pm), cant remember exactly but I think the ISO for this one was 400 with an exposure time of 30" with an aperture f/3.5. Shooting with an Olympus E520 & Olympus Digital 14-42mm lens. Critique is welcome!
_7100914a.jpg

??....Is the extreme blurry-ness intentional? Either way though, I don't really dig it.
Anyhow, welcome to the forum!

The blur was not intentional. I wanted to have a focused picture of me on the swing but I wasnt able to stop the swing from moving before the shutter opened and with such a slow shutter speed the blurring was inevitable. But even still I like the picture, although I can see why people wouldnt like it. I think it would be better without the blur, but oh well. If anyone else has any thoughts I'd love to hear them. This is definately NOT my usual shooting style. Because of that I have a couple other pictures from this "shoot" that I havent posted yet because I feel a little weird posting those kinds of pictures unless someone wants to critique them. If you want to critique let me know and I can post them or PM them or whatever, but otherwise I dont think I'll post them.

I think it might be even more creepy than it already is if your first post had been a clear and focused nude self-portrait.

"Hi, I'm Dean. And I'm naked. How are you?"

"Uhhh... clothed, Dean... I'm clothed"

I'm naked while I'm typing this.

I think it might be even more creepy than it already is if your first post had been a clear and focused nude self-portrait.

LOL, that's why I didnt post the other ones. These just happened to be the first pics I had taken since joining the forum. This style is FAAAAAR from my normal style of shooting.

it is a ghost like look.....i think u did not have the cleat intention that u want a sharp or blurred photo....photographically, the thing in motion will come blurred in slow shutter speed.
i shall welcome a sharp self-portrait.

YOu have a lot of intestines (guts) to post this... I wouldn't get naked in front of a camera if my life depended on it.

Probably not even shirtless. I'm as white as a ghost!

ROFL. What is going on in this thread?!

Most reactions

Back