Selling my aunt's camera gear - suggestions

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My aunt this weekend gave me the task of selling all her camera gear. She doesn't have the time to sell it all.

She is selling it because it was just too difficult for her to use.

I'm asking for suggestions on how I should sell it all. Should I do a package deal and sell it all one shot or part it out and try to make the most out of it? I'll be getting commission from it also.

Anyways she has:
  • Nikon D7000 with 18-105 kit with less than 2300 clicks
  • Nikon 35 f/1.8G DX
  • Nikon 70-300 VR
  • PlatinumPlus by SunPak 6000PG crap tripod
  • 2 Nikon D7000 learning books by Darrell Young & David Busch
  • Large Nikon branded camera bag
  • New with tags Lowepro Passport Sling 3
  • Camera and lenses have all original boxes and accessories
I was thinking about selling the Nikon bag, D7000 kit, tripod, books and the 35 1.8G as a starter kit and then selling the 70-300 and the Lowepro bag separate. Perhaps, I should sell everything separate?

Just for fun, I put the 35 1.8G DX on my D610 because everyone says it works just fine on full frame, haha I completely disagree. The vignetting isn't bad, but the chromatic aberration is so awful and completely ruins the image for me.

Parting it out will gain you the most dineros. As a kit, you're limiting yourself to a very small number of people who would be interested.

When I sold my d7000 I had to sell it as a Kit .. it seemed easier. Even though averaging price is lowered it was one transaction, one transaction fee, etc.

Sold the D7000 package, grip, kit 18-105 lens, Darrel Young book, and maybe a couple misc. things. But it sold much quicker that way for me, and got rid of all my d7000 specific things. No need to hassle with multiple sales on things that may not sell for much (book, one filter), etc.

I would sell the camera and kit lens, tripod, books .. good for someone starting in photography.

The 35 and 70-300, and bags sell separately.
Or use a bag for enticement while selling to get more premium price.

Of sell them all separately.

Thanks for the tips.

Already sold the 35 within 30 minutes of listing it on eBay.

I'm going to do what @astroNikon said and sell the D7000 kit with the tripod, books and the Nikon bag as a "photography starter kit". I think that will sell easier because I believe I'd have a hard time selling the books and tripod separately.

What would be a good price to sell the D7000 + 18-105, 2 books, a tripod and a large Nikon branded bag? I'm thinking $650.

I sold my d7000 + 18-105 with OEM grip and boxes, book for around $550 or 600 about 9 months ago.

Checking ebay SOLD auctions ... that setup is going for under $500 now. So price accordingly. How much value does the used bag add, and cheap tripod (and no grip)?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back