Selling Photo for Wall Piece?

DigitalArtist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I'm a first time poster.

Today I was contacted by someone who works for an architecture firm. They want a price from me to use my best photo on a huge wall as an art piece. It will have a curtain around it so it looks like everyone in the room is looking out at the photo. The size is 9'6" tall x 15'10.75" wide.

It's my best photo. I would retain all the rights, of course. I would never sell the rights .
I don't know if they want this to be permanent or not. It will depend on the price.

I really don't know what kind of price to give for the use of this photo. Can anyone suggest a price? And how can I make sure I get the recognition for this photo? After all, this company is in another part of the country.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Does your image have enough resolution to be acceptably printed at that size?

I really don't know what you could/should charge for something like this. A well know photographer/artists might charge tens of thousands of dollars, or more. An unknown but aspiring photographer might be happy to have their costs covered and take the accolades and credit that go along with a prestigious hanging like this.

Maybe find out your printing/mounting etc costs and triple or quadruple that....I don't know.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back