Semachrysa jade - new species of lacewing

orionmystery

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
orionmystery.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Semachrysa jade - a new species of lacewing I found in Selangor, Malaysia.

I first saw and photographed this species in the wild in its natural habitat on May 10, 2011. A few lacewing experts came across images of this lacewing I posted in forums and Flickr and informed me that this could be a new species. Luckily, I came across this beautiful species again on Jan 27, 2012. Specimen was captured and sent to Mr. Winterton for description with the help from Mr. Brooks.

Also, if you google "Semachrysa jade", you will get pages after pages of hits!

New species. Semachrysa jade, Winterton, Guek & Brooks, 2012.

Semachrysa jade new lacewing species . - IMG_0155 merged copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Semachrysa jade new lacewing species IMG_1663 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Semachrysa jade new lacewing species IMG_1624 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

More images of this beautiful lacewing: Semachrysa jade - new lacewing species | Up Close with Nature
--
Macro Photography Blog: Up Close with Nature

Lovely shots, Kurt! Your images are always inspiring! I am really enjoying the diffuser I designed after seeing yours! I even used it to take a macro shot of my cat's eye! It worked very well.. and gave a very interesting highlight.

Great shots, Mr. Kurt!

I'm so jealous of your discovery. I've been wanting to do exactly that, but seems like everything I find has already been found :(

Well, congratulations!!! Way to go! How cool is that! Nice photos too. I always enjoy your fine insect photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back