Semi-Tropical Japan

Ai yah! Warn us before the spider shots!

Number 3 is my favourite. I'm assuming the subject of your photo is that little ball of... semi-moss/semi-coral? (It really does look like it should be underwater.) When I looked at it really closely, it seems that that sharpest area of focus in the photo is right in front of the ball of moss. I was only able to tell when I squinted really closely at my screen, though. I like the composition, and the colourful bokeh as well.

Nothing else caught my eye as much, but they're all better than I could do!

Oh, the square crop for 12 works well, too.

i agree with harmony!! haha i hate spiders...

but yeah either two or three for me..

in two i love how the colors just pop out and how the flowers decrease in size going up, but i think the texture in three is awesome :O

but of course they are all amazing captures :D

Looking at those bugs, I think it's safe to say I'll never find myself walking in the wilderness in Japan!

FANTASTIC captures. A couple of things 'bug' me, for example the leg in 9 and 13 could really do with being in focus.

What are those dangling things in shot 7? I can't decide whether they're man made or natural wonders, but they sure scream "Japanese" at me. Love them!

Ai yah! Warn us before the spider shots!

Number 3 is my favourite. I'm assuming the subject of your photo is that little ball of... semi-moss/semi-coral? (It really does look like it should be underwater.) When I looked at it really closely, it seems that that sharpest area of focus in the photo is right in front of the ball of moss. I was only able to tell when I squinted really closely at my screen, though. I like the composition, and the colourful bokeh as well.

Nothing else caught my eye as much, but they're all better than I could do!

Oh, the square crop for 12 works well, too.

Hehehee... sorry about the spider-surprise. I appreciate the critiques tho. :) Thanks!

i agree with harmony!! haha i hate spiders...

but yeah either two or three for me..

in two i love how the colors just pop out and how the flowers decrease in size going up, but i think the texture in three is awesome :O

but of course they are all amazing captures :D

Why do people hate spiders? Are people's DNA close to fly-DNA or something? :D I think they're one of the most fascinating bugs... Eight legs, a buttload of eyes, high consciousness, sophisticated hunting techniques, etc. And they're soooo cute! ;)

I doubt any of the ones in these photos could bite a human even if they wanted to. Their mandibles aren't large enough or strong enough.

Thanks for the comments. :hug:: I think #3 is my favorite. It'll probably change tomorrow tho. ;)

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Very appreciated!

Looking at those bugs, I think it's safe to say I'll never find myself walking in the wilderness in Japan!

FANTASTIC captures. A couple of things 'bug' me, for example the leg in 9 and 13 could really do with being in focus.

What are those dangling things in shot 7? I can't decide whether they're man made or natural wonders, but they sure scream "Japanese" at me. Love them!

Another bug hater? Poor bugs. :( Hehehee :D

9 and 13... that's probably the best my Minolta A2 can do. It's an APO aspherical lens design comprised of 16 glass elements in 13 groups, but in combo with the tiny sensor there's still a lot of processing required. Anyway, the others all received 3 levels of sharpening to bring in the "in-focus" look while 9 and 13 looked way too noisy when processed like that. I know what you're trying to say tho - I agree... I'm waiting for the model wars to settle down before I replace my D2x which I sold about 6 months ago. Then I won't need to spend so much time in post or rely on the post processing to do what good glass does. ;)

The dangling things in shot 7 are some kind of fungus. They're just chuck full of spores. I dunno their name tho.

Thanks for the critique and taking the time to comment though! Much appreciated!

Hehehee... sorry about the spider-surprise. I appreciate the critiques tho. :) Thanks!

Why do people hate spiders? Are people's DNA close to fly-DNA or something? :D I think they're one of the most fascinating bugs... Eight legs, a buttload of eyes, high consciousness, sophisticated hunting techniques, etc. And they're soooo cute! ;)

I doubt any of the ones in these photos could bite a human even if they wanted to. Their mandibles aren't large enough or strong enough.

Thanks for the comments. :hug:: I think #3 is my favorite. It'll probably change tomorrow tho. ;)

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Very appreciated!

haha cute is definitely not the word i use to describe them :lmao:, but i can see how people find them so interesting..

and its no problem bifur :D:D thank you for making such great art! i always enjoy your posts!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back