TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
sepiabarge2yt.jpg

Thanks! :thumbup:

I like it, the tone is very nice. While a lot of people would say the sky is blown out, that is the way most old time snaps looked like.

Thanks all for your comments! :thumbup:

Wally, that's exactly the look I was trying to acheive. I wanted it to look like it was taken at least 50 years ago!

Ray, I think it would look better if I included more of the left bank too! I'll remember that when I go for a re-shoot!:D (Barges are there for a while whilst they repair one of the locks!)

oooh, i like this one. Love the tone and reflection in the water.

PlasticSpanner,

I really do like this shot, since your images are OTE I thought a tighter crop around the barge might be nice, then I did a levels and curves adjustment, burned the sky and the water a bit, reconverted it to B&W, did another levels and curves adjustment, applied my 5 second sepia method, and overlayed the grain from a piece of a Tri-x negative. What do you think?

sepiabarge2yt.jpg

:lol:

I have almost the exact same crop in original form! One of my other shots of this barge (un-edited)...

bwbarge5vi.jpg

I like the grain effect! (Love grain in B&W!) How do you do that?:thumbup:

the tone of the first picture suits very well to your avatar :D

I love it! It reminds me of the movie "Dead Man" actually. I think the river is what makes it though, with the beautiful reflection of the sky.
I don't think the tighter crops suit to be honest, because they just seem to lose the magic of the river and the hill in the background.

PlasticSpanner said:
:lol:

I like the grain effect! (Love grain in B&W!) How do you do that?:thumbup:

All you do is take a picture of something white or gray and underexpose it a bit using a grainey B&W film. Process the film and then scan the negative or the print. Play around with it in Photoshop until it is a neutral gray color with the grain really showing then save the image.
(if you don't want to do all that just PM me with your email and I will email you the file I made)

Then in photoshop drag the blank grain image over the image you want to add grain to as a new layer and select overlay as the blending method.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back