Serendipity Toe in the Water

PetersCreek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Went down to the Knik River this evening looking for nice sunset. While waiting for some color, a family arrived and this little girl went to the water's edge. I only got this one image before the moment was gone. She started at the sound of the shutter and rejoined her family. The sunset didn't pan out but I'm sure glad I was there for this capture.

Serendipity.jpg

Canon 20D, 55mm, 1/125s @ f/9.0, ISO 100 (Uncropped, sharpened)
Knik River, Matanuska-Susitna Valley, Alaska

Awwww. how cute is that! The silhouette is just perfect.

Great work!

Too true, you managed to capture a precious moment. I'm glad you were there, in the right place, at the right time. Maybe not for a glorious sunset, but... for a glorious moment.

Very nice great shot, and lovely pose. Could try experimenting with a tight crop, it could improve the picture or give it a completely new look, although I could be wrong.

Wicked shot, the girl looks perfect in it, but I love the look of the water, and the water line along the beach, nice!

Aimee said:
Could try experimenting with a tight crop, it could improve the picture or give it a completely new look, although I could be wrong.

I'd thought the same thing myself...perhaps a vertical crop like this...

Serendipity8x10.jpg

I also wanted to try a warmer whitebalance. The original seemed just a bit cool to me.

Most reactions

Back