Set aperture on extension tube

minister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I am planning to buy extension tube for macro shooting, and i know I won't be able to use auto focus (any way I can't with D5000) nor I will be able to set aperture from camera (is it right ?)

if yes, 50mm 1.8 D have a aperture ring so may be i will be able to set aperture while using it on tube , but problem start here if i unlockthe aperture ring camera start giving waring to set the aperture to lowest (if lens is attached to cam body), now i don't understand if i will put the lens on tube will this error would be coming or not,

other wise i will be stuck with F22

Please help me have any body faced it ?

Depends on what tube you get I think. My set doesn't take away any functions. I only lose some light.

Hello,

Kind of off-topic, but I'm looking at the same/similar issue as Minister. Is there any way to get email replies for updates to this thread? (D5000 camera and looking for inexpensive macro solutions.)

Thanks in advance.

Is there any way to get email replies for updates to this thread?
Near the top of the thread, is a button for 'Thread Tools'. Under there, you'll find an option to 'subscribe to thread'.
That will allow you to easily find this thread again, and if your 'User CP', you can choose to have E-mails sent to you for reply to subscribed threads.

Hi,

I am planning to buy extension tube for macro shooting, and i know I won't be able to use auto focus (any way I can't with D5000) nor I will be able to set aperture from camera (is it right ?)

if yes, 50mm 1.8 D have a aperture ring so may be i will be able to set aperture while using it on tube , but problem start here if i unlockthe aperture ring camera start giving waring to set the aperture to lowest (if lens is attached to cam body), now i don't understand if i will put the lens on tube will this error would be coming or not,

other wise i will be stuck with F22

Please help me have any body faced it ?

The Kenko AF brand of extension tubes maintains autofocus with AF-D and AF-S Nikkor lenses, as well as full,complete control over aperture with AF, AF-D, AF-S, and G-series lenses: I own a set of Kenko AF tubes, and have verified all of the above. There is also a lower-cost brand, called Pro Optic I believe it is, sold through Adorama. As I understand it, those also maintain autofocus, and aperture control.

thank's for u r valuable suggestions

Most reactions

Back