What's new

Shadow

KrisztinaK

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
268
Reaction score
42
Location
New York City
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I just joined this forum today and this is my first photo post.

This is one of my kitties, Shadow.

I am always open to CC, so feel free to give me your thoughts.

Bounced flash
SS 1/125, f/6.3, ISO 200

$IMG_0245_web.webp
 
The lighting seems good. I'm not a fan of the crop though. I would have preferred to see her whole head, including her ears.
 
I would have preferred to see her whole head, including her ears.
Either that, or the exact opposite:

$IMG_0245_web copy.webp

I also added some contrast and darkened the lower area of the image to make the eyes look even more intense.

(Krisztina, let me know if you prefer me to take down the edited version.)
 
Thank you for your opinions. I really do appreciate it.
I am new to this board and wasn't sure if it was appropriate to bump the post.

I actually took this for a weekly theme challenge I am participating in for 2013, with the theme being "Fill the Frame".
Which is why I had cropped the ears out. I would typically leave them in and agree with your opinions.

I don't mind the edits either. Feel free to leave 'em up. I do like both your edit and the crop. In fact, I have a similar shot from the same day that I cropped in the same exact manner. :) I will find it and post for you.
 
I don't mind the edits either. Feel free to leave 'em up. I do like both your edit and the crop. In fact, I have a similar shot from the same day that I cropped in the same exact manner. :) I will find it and post for you.
Cool, looking forward to seeing that photo.

I forgot to mention that for my edit I rotated the image a little bit, but of course that's pretty obvious :)
 
Here you go.

I just wanted to add that I did not re-edit this. When I opened it up I couldn't believe how much it resembles your edit.

Tight crop
$IMG_0241_web.webp

In-camera, cropped to 8x10
$IMG_0241_web-2.webp
 
I like your version better. The eyes look rounder, I assume as a result of the photo being taken from a lower angle.

EDIT: I might try to bring out some detail around the mouth, but that's about it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom