Shelter

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This rather nice shelter, opened this week, on the promenade at Cleveleys, Lancashire, apparently has heated seating! A high contrast B&W treatment seemed to suit the structure and the sky. Photography proved difficult in the 40mph biting wind off the sea!

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoquoto.blogspot.com

Cleveleys-shelter.jpg

Heated seating!
Honestly? Wow!

I like your photo - but how could I not?
You are my major example for admirable composition!
And the conversion is really good, too!

I like the dramatic sky.
Is it an atomic shelter?

Dani

Hm. It would not really offer you much shelter against nuclear radiation, I fear. I guess it is more a shelter from "the elements". Wind, rain ... when you go for a rough walk on the beach and need a break.

Thanks for the comments on this one. Yes, it's a shelter for people strolling by the sea. In the howling gale and hail of this afternoon it worked! It does look a bit sci-fi with that circular roof, though someone said it reminded them of an old-fashioned "Public Convenience"! You're right, Corinna, not much use against radiation. I think I went for the rather dour B&W conversion to match the mood of the day!

Regards, Tony

"Your" wind has now arrived here, by the way.
And ... erm ... well, to be all honest: I could not quite shake off the immediate thought of a "public convenience" that entered my mind .... :scratch: :D.

Most reactions

Back