Shi Shi Beach

Really cool shot. Love the rock spires and the motion from the water and clouds. Not sure the foreground is adding that much. I'd try a panoramic with less rock before the pool.

Where is this place? Can't be near Santa Paula.

Oooo! I like this one very much! It has an other-worldy feel to it, like it was taken on a moon of Jupiter or some place like that. I almost expect to see Captain Kirk beam down from the Enterprise. :)

I feel like the expanse of rock in the foreground left corner is important. Without it there's "no place to stand", and it would be hard for me to "get into" the image. That ledge of rock leads me right in and puts me in the location. It gives me a way to step into the picture and from there, a path to follow when my eye goes exploring.

I like this landscape very much. For the same reasons as fiziwig.

Thanks! It's on the far Northwest tip on the Olympic Peninsula, part of the Olympic National Park in WA. This place is unreal. You have to hike about 2 miles and down a cliff to get to it. When I was there the wasn't a soul around. Miles of beach, totally empty. It was pouring down rain, but I went anyway and after dodging a couple showers on the beach, the skies opened up! I know most photographers try to hit this place during sunset, but I was lucky enough to get there at all. At least it was low tide. So with the broad daylight, i threw on my 10stop ND filter and tried get some different shots of the place.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back