Shire Subversion, Elk, & More | Holiday Trip Dump

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I headed up to Redwood National Park and Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park with the girlfriend just after Christmas. We ended up staying 3 days, but I completely plan on returning! The light wasn't fantastic in the trees, so most of my decent shots came from other locations in the park. Two of these made it into my 52 Weeks project for those interested, but I thought it might be worthwhile to post the whole trip as a bunch :)

Hope you like them! I would seriously recommend for anyone with the chance to visit this place to do so. The trees are incredible, and the coastline is breathtaking. Not to mention, one of California's only wild herds of Elk!

1. Shire Subversion

52 Weeks: Shire Subversion (43/52)
by TogaLive, on Flickr

2, Eat Your Greens

Eat Your Greens
by TogaLive, on Flickr

3. Sunrise Bramble (taken right behind our tent)

Sunrise Bramble
by TogaLive, on Flickr

4. Between Breakers

52 Weeks: Between Breakers (44/52)
by TogaLive, on Flickr

very dark shadows in all these.

Love these! #2 is my favorite followed by #4! :smile:

very dark shadows in all these.

I've been noticing that as of late, suppose I'm going into a kind of mood. For a period of time everything was coming out greenish, before that, blue.

Oh well!

Edit: I should mention that at least on two of these, shire and the bramble shot, there simply wasn't much light to begin with. Compound that with the 10 stop filter creating a heavy vignette, I suppose that explains a bit. Perhaps could have been a bit longer of an exposure time.

Love these! #2 is my favorite followed by #4! :smile:

Thanks! I'm enjoying the elk shot more and more :)

Most reactions

Back