Shooting 1991 expired Ektar 25

robert32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I’ve recently loaded up some Kodak Ektar 25 that expired in April 1991. I know the rule of thumb for shooting expired film is to move on a stop per decade, so in theory this should be shot with an ISO of 3 or 4.

I am little worried about over-exposing the film, so is it really necessary to go this far? I seem to
recall from another post elsewhere that Ektar perhaps lasts a little better beyond its expiry date than other films. Anyone used out of date Ektar before and is able to comment?

Thanks,

Rob.

I have not heard of that formula for shooting outdated film but then I only shoot with fresh film. It's a toss up if it comes out with the right colors.
I will say that at least 80% of the outdated color print film (C-41) I process at work (we use a calibrated C-41 processor) have a very strong darkened base fog. The longer C-41 (and E-6, which gets a lightened film base) sits, the longer the film "self-developes". When scanned you can pull some of the color back out but a lot of the times converting it as BW shows more detail.
Good luck.

Most reactions

Back