Shot a wedding for some friends (as a secondary/backup shooter)

what causes the weird shadow behind the groom

flash.. LOL

Yep. I was bouncing the flash off the ceiling but my Promaster 7500 has a "fill flash" which shoots light out of the front of the unit as well.

Here, look:
ProMaster_ProMaster-7500DX-Version-2.0-for-Canon_400x400_s.jpg

See that little white rectangle about the red one and below the logo? That also flashes. I think I can shut it off and it would be easy to cover up, but generally it's nice to have it on (for catch-lights especially).

I figured the shadow on the picture (dancing) was negligible. You think it's bad, smlblk396?

EDIT:
I'll embed a few pics from that album, I have a feeling nobody noticed the link - and nobody likes to click links anyway.

dnnRy.jpg

fxIOj.jpg

kYOFi.jpg

O5Nwt.jpg

xRkjB.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I love the first shot you posted. Nailed the exposure and a fun pose.

The shot of the groom is nice and sharp, but he is very red. You can see from his exposure that he is an outdoor guy, but sharpening or colour cast has brought out the red in his features. How about something that softens that a bit like this:
pe1dlu

What's with this chicks hair on the left?

Not much you can do about that, I think. For me, the dress doesn't read as white in that shot. Here they are side by side (I do this for practice, not because I think your photos are bad). I'm not sure, are the attendant dresses a dark purple or black?

Original:
rlwert

PP
6h63ab

Appreciate the comments.

Ah, the purple is from RGB curves adjustment. The bridesmaids' dresses were actually black. I tried different edits on all the pictures really, kind of experimenting I guess. I appreciate your edit, don't worry I don't mind - and I often edit others' photos. I'm going to hopefully get some feedback from the couple (they're on honeymoon now) and I live across the street from the bride's mom, so I'll see what they have to say. Obviously most non-photography types don't scrutinize images like we do here on the internet, but I'm guessing they may even like the effect. I know of a local guy who takes photos for payment and he adds the most disgusting and cheesy effects to his photos, but everyone praises him and kisses his butt to no end... go figure.

Oh and the hand on the limo, yeah it does look extremely strange. Definitely not something you see in the viewfinder. Kind of a surprise when I opened the image on my computer. The car was completely blown too...

Not much you can do about that, I think.

Completely agree, I was just kinda wondering if there was a story. Like was this before the wedding? ;)

Like a cat fight when things get too stressful, then she couldn't quite get the "doo" back the way the dresser set it? :lol: If there was a cat fight, I think the blonde holding the train won... she kinda looks smug and happy. JK

Most reactions

Back