Side Cut Park

hammondfra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, today after work I decided to go do a shoot and see what I could get. Major issue was the sun just overpowered everything. I tried my best, but I will let you all be the judge of that one. I am still trying to learn how to set up my shots and get a good subject, so please be gentle; lol.

Side Cut Metropark (Trails, map and Rentals) - Metroparks of the Toledo Area

#1 The Old Tree
I honestly just loved the big hole in it, I tried to capture it the best I could. I think I took about 20 different shots here and this perspective was the best out of all of them
55mm
1/50s - f 5.6
BT_Tree.jpg

#2 Water Gate Exit
This one was the best I was able to get here, Tri-pod is a must
18mm
1/160 - f 6.3
BT_Gate1_2.jpg

#3 Water Gate
This water gate is almost 200 years old, built I think 1829. The sun was killing me here, I changed my exposure levels and took about 30 shots and was able to use this and another one. Again a tri-pod, my next purchase this weekend.
18mm
1/640s - F 3.5
BT_Gate1.jpg

I saw these little guys as I was walking towards the Maumee River and had to get a couple of shots. I set the camera to Macro and took about 5 shots and this one was the best.
40mm
1/125s / F/8
BT_Flower.jpg

The bridge to cross over the Maumee River, Saw this dude pushing his bike across and grabbed about 9 shots. All the shots were over-saturated. I was getting tired and didn't take the time to set any of this shot up at all.
55mm
1/250s - F/5.6
BT_Bridge.jpg

have you tried using your exposure comp buttons? What camera are you shooting with? On very sunny days I will use exposure compensation to help with the brightness. You can also try a polarizing filter to reduce a little brightnedd from the sun... I dont use filters so I am only telling you this basedon what I have read...
Keep working at it.

Funny... The one shot that you didn't take the time to set up is my favorite of the bunch. You framed it well and the lighting is interesting. A little post work would make the tree shot a little more interesting... Dive it some depth with and unsharpen mask and a little burning of the mid tones and dodging of the highlights. Are you doing any post work?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back