What's new

Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 AND D3100

caseysrt

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 11, 2012
Messages
111
Reaction score
14
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Excellent Sigma lens for Nikon. Very fast and quite. Sigma 1:2.8 APO HSM EX with front and rear caps. The glass is in excellent condition very clear and has a filter and lens hood included. Comes with the tripod mount. Also a Nikon D3100 with about 9,000 clicks.


Looking to trade these to a Nikon D7000 body. I don't have anything to take a picture of the D3100 but if you are interested I can get some cell phone images of it, won't be great quality though.


606-633-7557 or 606-634-0662


Thanks $64D45C264FFB4228BF0EA4BE46CA7618.webp$987773828309472D9149E549FC93E4CE.webp
 
Willing to sell the sigma by itself? How much?
 
I'd really like to have a D7000, I'd even throw in cast making the offer the Sigma, D3100, and money. That shows how bad I want a 7000 :).
 
I think the problem you'll find in getting a trade to a D7000 for this is, nobody is going to trade down from a D7000 to a D3100. And the lens you're trading is a DX lens, and again, nobody is going to trade the best Nikon DX body (D7000) for a DX lens.

Your best bet is to probably just sell this stuff for cash, and then use the cash to buy a D7000.
 
Thought about that but it poses two problems:

1: I don't think I could get enough out of the two to buy a 7000.
2: I would have to be without a body until I save enough in addition to what I get out of these two, to get a 7000.
 
Thought about that but it poses two problems:

1: I don't think I could get enough out of the two to buy a 7000.
2: I would have to be without a body until I save enough in addition to what I get out of these two, to get a 7000.

I'm confused though. If you can't sell these for enough money to buy a used D7000, what makes you think you can trade into a used D7000 with these? I'm just letting you know it's near 0% that anybody with a D7000 is going to say "oh, a D3100 and a pretty good sigma lens, let me trade down to that!" That's not like a lateral step, it's a clear, and obvious step down, and it's not like they'd be doing it to save a lot of money either.
 
Fair enough. I'm just giving it a shot, I never expected anyone to really go crazy over the deal, but it doesn't hurt anyone for asking.
 
fjrabon said:
I think the problem you'll find in getting a trade to a D7000 for this is, nobody is going to trade down from a D7000 to a D3100. And the lens you're trading is a DX lens, and again, nobody is going to trade the best Nikon DX body (D7000) for a DX lens.

Your best bet is to probably just sell this stuff for cash, and then use the cash to buy a D7000.

I think that's a full frame lens. Their 50-150 is their crop version.
 
Fair enough. I'm just giving it a shot, I never expected anyone to really go crazy over the deal, but it doesn't hurt anyone for asking.


Not really a problem. Wish you the best of luck.
 
Sell pending...
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom