Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Telephoto Zoom Lens - SONY

RCJPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking into purchasing this lens and I am wondering what people's opinions are on it for outdoor shoots such as engagement shoots etc. Buy SIGMA 70-300 mm f/4-5.6 DG Telephoto Zoom Lens with Macro - for Sony | Free Delivery | Currys I really like the idea of a 300mm lens and I have been looking for a macro lens for a while so its quite appealing to me the switchable macro with this lens. I currently have a 18-55mm lens and a portrait lens which goes right down to f/1.8 and is a good lens for portraits indoors etc. so I am really looking for a good lens to do outdoor lifestyle type shoots. I thought this might fit the bill for shoots such as this especially with the focal length.

If it was me I would save more money until I could afford the Tamron 2.8 70-200, it's the most economical of the 2.8 zooms for Sony and I actually prefer it over the more expensive Sigma ( I own both plus the Sony G model)

Ok thank you I'll look into this lens

The problem is I am on a budget and saving for a new camera so really don't want to spend a lot of money.. when I will one day be upgrading to start with. I will have a look into budget tamron lenses though

I forgot about the beer can but totally agree with Disko, that would be a much wiser investment V the Sigma 70-300. I think the original poster is in Great Britain but he should be able to find one there as well.

Most reactions

Back