What's new

Simple Pleasures

I like the conversion but I think this one worked better in colour. It seems to me that the background is too busy in the B&W version. Perhaps consider decreasing the contrast of everything but the model and see what you get?
 
I liked this one better in color too.
 
I can't stop looking at the watermark :/
 
techniker said:
I can't stop looking at the watermark :/

Try looking at the actual image itself, and not materializing stupid reasons to avoid critiquing a photo. It really works.

Unless you want the same reception for your photos.

Bill, the image looks nice, but I might process the B&W a bit differently.
 
techniker said:
I can't stop looking at the watermark :/

Try looking at the actual image itself, and not materializing stupid reasons to avoid critiquing a photo. It really works.

Unless you want the same reception for your photos.

The watermark is in the image itself, so I have a hard time pretending it's not there. Because I find the background interesting, the water mark ruins that and unbalances the whole composition for me. I hope that is more constructive. How would you have processed the image differently?

I would appreciate the same honesty with any of my photographs.
 
techniker said:
The watermark is in the image itself, so I have a hard time pretending it's not there. Because I find the background interesting, the water mark ruins that and unbalances the whole composition for me. I hope that is more constructive.

No, it's not more constructive. It's not about the subject at hand.

You should avoid any of my photos, because I have a logo in the corner. Just for future reference.
 
My images (most) have a watermark, unless I sell them. It's not part of the image, it's only an identifier, separate from the image and removable at will. Get past it.
 
My images (most) have a watermark, unless I sell them. It's not part of the image, it's only an identifier, separate from the image and removable at will. Get past it.

The water mark doesn't detract from the overall feel in most of your other work the same way it does with this one, which is why I mentioned it.

:thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom