Simple Portrait

ColeGauthier

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just like the title says, it's a simple one light shoot trough umbrella. C&C welcomed! :)

210783_415998965151797_721017234_o.jpg

My opinion- the smile is not relaxed, and is a bit "uneven". Too many stress lines in the face. I would like to see a more relaxed smile.

It's a good shot. The crop maybe a little too tight. The question is "does your client like it"?

Yes, the client loves it! She was there when I did the few edits. As for the smile, that's her smile, not too much I can do...

One issue I see here is that with her body being turned so far to the left when she turns her head right to the position you shot it caused a roll in her neck. less neck movement would have prevented the roll.

And lose the vignette.

I think the contrast is just a wee bit too high,as is the saturation in the lower tonal values...her hair kind of plugs up in the dark spots. I would like to see a little bit of dodging or lightening-up on some of the hair, and maybe a bit of cloning or healing on the redness on her neck. The way her figure is presented to the camera, the camera height, and the framing ALL make a very strong impression that she is indeed "there!"...I think a little bit softer contrast and slightly lower saturation levels would add more to that impression. Overall, she looks lovely and pleasant. It might not be the absolute best-possible shot of her, since she has some very nice features and has tremendous potential, but I'd say that it is quite a pleasing look at her, and a far,far better picture than just a casual snap!

Thanks for the great response Derrel, people like you who make people like me want to improve. :)

I think she is tilted back too far and a bit bright (and her neck is the brightest spot of all and she has a hickey on the front of it).
Her bosom looks too big, mostly because the pattern camouflages how she is positioned.
I don't think that's a flattering aspect.

$210783_415998965151797_721017234_o2222222.jpg

Last edited:
Her breasts look sharper than her eyes and the pose is making her look very wide

Stop staring at her tits gary! I thought you were a professional. lol

I dunno...her face appears a bit soft on focus to me.

That's FEMININE HEAD TILT, Lew. Just ask Derrel!

Her crooked mouth bugs me a bit. I don't know if she's actually that crooked, or if she's just quirking up the one side, or what. BrianV is right, it looks strained and uncomfortable.

Something I am seeing, but have no idea how to fix, is that there's a sort of a pyramidal flow, top to bottom. Her chest is obviously.. wide. And then her eyes look sort of close together (possibly because they are a little close together?) and then her head seems to not quite come to a point. It's not a big thing AT ALL, but I feel like it's a little unflattering. Maybe opening up her forehead a bit my moving the hair around might flatter her more? Not sure.

Lovely girl, pretty well shot, overall, though!

Here we go guys, did some modifications, straightened it out, dodged it and softened the shadows in her face. This is the final result I will be handing to her soon. Her face is tack sharp for those of you who think otherwise ;)

max_3.jpg

Most reactions

Back