Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
96-08MarchPhoto23-Simplicity-ByDesi.jpg

Polaroids are some of the simplest film cameras made, Click buzz buzz and voila you have a picture.

I thought is twas simple enough....:lol:

Hah, yea.. I remember our old Polaroid. They were/are pretty cool camera's. I haven't used one in years though.

This will clearly date me as ancient but....
my first wife
worked as a campus guide at Brandeis University - right down the road from the Polaroid Company - and she was often used as a subject while they were testing the first 15 second film (B/W, of course.)

It was pretty contrasty and exposure was difficult but it looked like magic.

...when polaroid was on top of the world.

I encountered face to face with one of this in 2001 when I was in hurry to get the passport photos. I went to Kmart and I was made to stand upright against the wall, and the women said: "Look at the camera will ya!" - and bang, the flash was blindingly bright right into my eyes.

Yap yours is almost the same alien I saw that day, only a bit smaller.

OMG is that a cavalier with "Euro" trim.
Ill bet it has plastic wheel covers that said "euro" in handwriting... LOL I'm so missing those cars....

Ill bet it has plastic wheel covers that said "euro" in handwriting... LOL I'm so missing those cars....

Actually no, it was the standard Cavalier, with boring steel wanna be mags, the one behind it is the rally model with the factory alloy...I miss my cavi too

Might also be a Chevy Lumina Euro. We had one of those cars when I was a kid. 1992 model, white with a spoiler and alloy wheels. It was a pretty pimpin' car for a family sedan! :lol:

one of my buddies had the standard govt issue white station wagon version in high school. got it as a hand me down from his dad who was a city worker.

I dont know why, but we never got tired of oil/water burnouts and something we simply called "manly lane changes" which consisted of no warning at all, just extreme swerving that would cause your passengers to bash their skulls into their respective windows....

AAAh the joys and memories.....

yes neal, I do remember seeing one or 2 of those on the road as well.. I think it was soon after days of thunder movie came out, people were not afraid to sport the lumina....

muhahahaha

one of my buddies had the standard govt issue white station wagon version in high school. got it as a hand me down from his dad who was a city worker.

I dont know why, but we never got tired of oil/water burnouts and something we simply called "manly lane changes" which consisted of no warning at all, just extreme swerving that would cause your passengers to bash their skulls into their respective windows....

AAAh the joys and memories.....

The 2.2's that where available with those where good moters in them, the somewhat more rare ones with the 3.1 sixes where just killer.

I had planned on droping one of those 3.1s into the burgondy one in the background but...finanging and code enforcement had some different plans.

Soon as I can find them I'll post some shots of the two cars and separate the car part of the convo....for what it's worth :lol:

Most reactions

Back