Simply Ice

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This ice drop has formed on a bush just outside my rear deck. The image appears to have been rotated but for whatever reason, this is as seen. The only manipulation was brightness and contrast. I thought it was cool, so I strapped on the micro Nikkor and grabbed a shot.

Nikon Df
55mm Micro Nikkor
1/125
f16
ISO 1600

Ok, release the C&C hounds :)

$Ice.jpg

Last edited:
The lower 48 states, stylized!

I see a duck with attitude :lol:

I wonder if AARP will cover cameras..... :p

Silver or black?

:biglaugh: Age joke. I got it :lol:

Unfortunately Black... It was a Christmas gift so she didn't know. Funny, back in the 70's you paid extra for "pro black", now I secretively I would have loved to have gotten the silver. I guess the black will take almost as good of photos as the silver

Yeah but I doubt those manual controls are good with folks with arthritis.

You know, talk about "cool factor", there are so many cameras that are "retro" on the market now. I think Nikon is way too late for the cool factor. I guess I will never stop being critical about Nikon's decision on this product.

That said, I'm sure the ice has already melted by now, but perhaps you could use a smaller aperture to get more of it in focus.

BTW I'd have preferred black. The way I use my camera( I don't baby it), it will get some nasty marks and scratches, which is why textured black plastic is the default material for many equipment.

Thanks, but don't worry too much about the old mans arthritis. Nikon did such a splendid job in placing those manual controls, that these old fingers naturally fall right on them. :wink:

Agreed, I could have, and should have, stopped down another notch. It's so freakin' cold out there, that thing will be hanging until April :lol:

Also agreed. nothing smells like a pro then the brassy corners of a...wait for it...F2a :D

Looks great Rick. How did you light it? Do you have box?

kind of dull.
I think I like our camera though...

This is very cool.

Looks great Rick. How did you light it? Do you have box?

Thanks folks

Lighting? This was outside still hanging on the bush. Just natural light.

Most reactions

Back