Skateboarding 2004.12.18

mcbphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
brandon.jpg

Nice, shoot except for that trash can, IMHO it’s distracting to main subject the young camera man

I agree with Jeff - the photo is good, but would have had more impact if the trash can was not there, and slightly later in flight, so you had the red Tshirt contrasting with the beige wall behind him

I agree with craig. It looks rather unnatural

I dont mind the trash can at all, adds to the whole street feel that skate pictures should have, granted I dont like skate pics when they have on helmets, but it does look like a younger guy, so its cool, but if he would have been about 17 or older I would tell him that the helmet needed to go, but thats just me. so with ever thing said, I think its a great picture.

i do a lot of rollerblading photography and do the occasional skateboarding photos too.

exposure wise this is a great shot, you've captured it well. next time u should shoot on the same side of the cameraman as u will see the skaters face- usually a "must" with these types of shots. as far as the bin/trash can/waste disposal unit go, i see its chained so you couldn't move it anyway but i agree that it adds to the street effect...

what did u shoot it with?

yeah this kid is 13 the camera man is 17.
the little man (skater) has a soft head so he has to wear the helmet or i woulda told him to toss it too.
i would have also taken this on the same side of the camera man but there was a very huge amount of sunglare and i liked the effeect of his shirt against the baige wall.

i took this with a D70 f5.6 at 1/1000 65 mm focal length.

something doesnt look right about this photo...is it retouched on photoshop at all?

md

I am a bit surprised at the burning of the kid for wearing a lid. I do a lot of trails and urban biking and i cant imagine not having a lid on. They have saved my life on more then one occasion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back