What's new

Skiing the Village

craig

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
5,600
Reaction score
21
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA U.S.A
I have never shot a lot of action photos, but I am starting to like the results. Let me know what you think. I should of told the ladies to ride toward the camera. Again; I owe a lot of it to the convience of the ol' Nikon 5200.


A little tough to see, but this is the lovely Karla on "Karla's Ridge" 9,200'
karla4663yk.jpg



Lynn and Karla at the bottom of "Meet Your Maker" 8,600'
lynnkarla4761tc.jpg
 
really like the action and the drama in the first photo, when shooting with snow always meter from the brightest spot and sometimes add +1/3 exposure compensation to stop the whites burning out.

in the second pic i like he way you have frozen it but i feel that it would would have bennifitted from a slower shutter speed and a bit of panning giveing it a sense of speed, maybe you could add some motion blur in photoshop...

nice job :thumbup:

duncanp
 
Thanks Gang!!! The original of the first shot has detail in the snow. I think I went a too far in opening the snow. I will see what the print looks like. I fully agree on the lack of motion in the second frame.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom