What's new

Skull and Snail

jenko

TPF Supporters
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
652
Location
NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
0skullandsnail_zpsa58699b4.jpg
 
VERY nicely done. That's a hanger for sure.
 
The snail is so dark it hurts my eyes to strain, and is kind of weird since it's part of the title and compositionally looks important but is so de-emphasized.

Either way, I think it'd help to highlight the snail, or just ditch it. Great photo regardless.
 
Cool lighting, nice skulls.

I think I'd have liked to have seen a bit more in the image, mibbies a homage to the old still life painters of the dutch movement with some fruit and flowers too.
 
Thanks, everyone! Appreciate all the comments and suggestions.

I was somewhat limited in what I could do at the time of shooting. The skulls were in a classroom. I had wanted to bring them home, but that was not possible. I used a black poster board and a few lights in the class, which were not the greatest, but at least I could move them around. And I used a white foamboard on an easel for a bounce. The entire setup was quite pathetic, lol, but you work with what you have, I suppose. I do like the idea of a vanitas type shot, and that may be something I will try for in the future.

Thanks again!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom