What's new

Smoke & Fire

AF44

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
218
Reaction score
0
Location
Orange County California, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1.
2948844696_f9df517ba7_b.jpg


2.
2948844336_2174d65811_b.jpg


3.
2948844222_1167528522_b.jpg


4.
2948026859_4f3a195ab8_o.jpg
 
Smoke is neat - I like how there's a blue tint in there. First is my fav. Good job!
 
Those smoke images are freakin awesome! I have been creating smoke with photoshop for an idea I have. Those shots are very nice!
 
I love the last one! Nice shots!:thumbup:
 
I have tried quite a bit to get smoke shots. Could you possibly provide your process?
 
I have tried quite a bit to get smoke shots. Could you possibly provide your process?

yeah for sure! the setup i was using was a Nikon D40 with an SB-800 master flash with an SB-600 slave unit. 18-70 3.5-4.5 lens at 70mm with an aperture around 10. i bounced the sb800 off the wall behind me, and put the 600 to the left with the flash coming in from the side. put a dark background so all you can see is the smoke, and i took the shot in a pretty dark room. iso 200, speed around 500. if you dont have the master and slave flash unit, try using a really strong flashlight as the offset light source. then just blow out a candle and let the smoke rise! it will take a little time to get it right, i took about 20 shots before i figured out the right combo. the biggest factors to make this a good shot are the offset light source and the dark background. hope i helped!

and thanks all for the great replies :mrgreen:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom